New CONSTITUTION AND RULES OF MATCH-AID
Name of Club
1. The name of the Club shall be “ Match-Aid” with the sub division "Junior Match-Aid"
2. The objectives of Match-Aid are to foster the art of angling within the wider
community; to encourage the youth and senior members of sport in the
practice of angling through the membership/participation of a trained and disciplined
confraternity; to promote and organise match fishing opportunities for
members at reasonable prices.
Aims and Objectives
To promote the good practice of angling on Waters and Fisheries.
To promote the participation of Juniors at all levels
To promote and support Juniors in establishing and maintaining a peer support network
To promote the protection of waters and fisheries and their species, wildlife and adjacent environment.
To promote and publicise Match-Aid it's objectives and activities agreed by the committee
Organise events and competitions as required to achieve its aims and objectives.
Raise funds from event sales in order to forward the objectives of Match-Aid.
At the end of Match-Aid's participatory events season, any surplus funds will be presented to an identified charitable cause as identified by the committee.
3. Match-Aid shall have a Committee ; which will comprise of Chairperson,
Secretary, Treasurer, Junior Team Manager, Funding and Events Manager, Media Director.
All post holders having been elected in due process .
4. The Committee can co-opt others to serve on the Committee and Sub-Roles as required.
5. Each Committee member shall, on a staggered basis, seek re-election every three
years at the Annual General Meeting. If any Committee member is re-elected unopposed it shall be for a maximum of 3 terms.
6. The Committee will meet once a year in the Annual General Meeting with nominated Team Members representing Match-Aid's members. The Committee shall convene prior to each match event to confirm individuals roles during events.
7. The Secretary is charged with approaching any Committee members who fail to
attend without notice of absence for three consecutive committee/match event meetings so that any information forthcoming can be presented by the Secretary to the Committee upon which any decisions can be justly made regarding the member’s continued service. An apology for non attendance prior to a meeting will constitute as attending.
Conduct of Meetings
8. Whenever a Committee member has a personal interest in a matter to be
discussed he/she must declare it, withdraw from that part of the meeting (unless
asked to stay), not be counted in the quorum for that agenda item and withdraw
during the vote and have no vote on the matter concerned.
9. The Committee may decide its own way of operating. Unless it otherwise resolves
the following rules apply:
a. Committee meetings shall be held face to face;
b. The Chairman of Match-Aid, or whoever else those present choose, shall chair
c. Decisions shall be by simple majority of those voting;
d. A resolution in writing signed by every Committee member shall be valid
without a meeting;
e. The chair of the meeting shall have a casting vote in the event of a drawn
Annual General Meetings
10. Match-Aid will meet once a year for an A.G.M.
11. The A.G.M. will be held on an agreed date, time and venue.
12. The AGM shall include:
a. An audited statement of accounts and report from the Treasurer;
b. A report from the Secretary;
c. A report from the Funding/Events Manager;
d. A report from Media Director.
e. A report from Junior Team Manager.
13. The Committee shall hold the assets (Match Event equipment and Advertising regalia)
14. The Committee will have a recognised bank account, Co-op Community Direct plus under the control of the Treasurer.
15. All cheques issued by Match-Aid will require dual signature of the Treasurer and
one other from either the Chairman or designated Committee member.
16. The Chairman and / or Committee member, as named signatories to Match-Aid’s bank
account, shall periodically, and independently of the Treasurer, request a
statement of the account(s) to monitor the use of the account(s).
17. The Treasurer and Secretary will keep appropriate records for approval and
scrutiny by the Committee.
18. To be adhered to in conjunction with the Capital Expenditure Rules
19. If, at a General Meeting, a resolution for the dissolution of the Match-Aid shall be
passed by a majority of the members present, and at a Special General Meeting
held not less than six weeks later (of which not less than four weeks written notice
shall have been given to each member) and at which not less than one half of the
total membership of Match-Aid shall be present, that Resolution shall be confirmed
by a Resolution passed by a majority of two thirds of the Members voting thereon,
the Committee shall thereupon, or at a future date as shall be specified in the
Resolution, proceed to realise the property of Match-Aid and after discharge of all
liabilities shall distribute the same to a charity or charities as the Committee shall decide and upon the completion of such payment Match-Aid shall be dissolved.
Rules, Conduct and Discipline
20. The Committee shall publish a set of Rules to govern the fishing practices of Team Maver Match-Aid members. Any member failing to comply with those rules may have their
membership revoked (or suffer other sanctions as appropriate) at the discretion of
21. The Committee is empowered to change the Constitution and Rules but is obliged
to inform members at an A.G.M. or at a special member’s general meeting or in writing. Members of Match-Aid shall be represented by up to 6 members who will be invited to an AGM in a timely manner
22. The Committee is the final arbiter on all matters relating to the running of Match-Aid.
23. The Committee shall have power to expel members from Match-Aid, Team Maver Match- Aid (or apply other sanctions as appropriate) when it has been proved to their satisfaction that the member's conduct has brought Match-Aid into disrepute or where they have failed
to comply with the Rules and/or Constitution of Match-Aid.
24. Subscriptions for Membership is included within the advertised cost of each event,
for each event the application forms will form the membership database for each event until the events conclusion, also membership shall be made available by means of a subscription system
25. No member shall submit any article for publication (either in a printed journal, on
the internet or in any other public media) relating to Match-Aid without the
express agreement of the Committee. The member shall, if so requested, submit
the article to the Committee for the purpose of gaining this approval.
26. Members who have their membership revoked shall not be entitled to any
reimbursement of any event fee.
27. The Committee, at its discretion, may require a member or applicant for
membership to appear before it to provide information relating to any matter.
Team Maver Match-Aid Membership.
28. Match-Aid shall have different classes of non-gender specific membership as follows:
a. Junior Members. Members shall be classed as junior members until their 18th birthday. In accordance with The Children’s Act 1989
b. Cadet Members.
29. Membership of Team Maver Match-Aid shall be made available to those young anglers who will have been scouted and offered a position on the squad. Equipment and gear will be made available by Maver UK, bait products will be made available by Bait-Tech
30. Any new member, who gives false information on application, may have their
membership revoked at the discretion of the Committee.
31. Any member who gives false information in support of an application for
membership, or fails to disclose anything within their personal knowledge that the
Committee should be aware of in considering an application for membership, may
have their membership revoked at the discretion of the Committee.
32. The Committee reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant where
they believe that to do so would not be conducive to the Purpose and/or interests
33. For events arranged and run by Match-Aid, applicants who have paid and completed the relevant application form. Shall for the duration of the event automatically become members of Match-Aid, thus all events within this structure will be a members only event.
It is also proposed that there will be an annual nominal subscription at a cost of £5 per member. This initial amount shall at an appropriate juncture be increased.
34. Match-Aid does not hold itself responsible for any accidents during member’s
pursuit of the common hobby, nor any liability arising from any accident. However,
suitable third party insurance on behalf of itself and its members is maintained by
35. Match-Aid reserve the right to amend the content and wording of this document, in part or its entirety as deemed fair and responsible to enable Match-Aid to conduct its current and future business legally.